With fall right around the corner, our culinary team is sharing an autumn inspired recipe… you can make this at home OR you may even see this dish on a future menu!
PEAR AND MASCARPONE SACCHETTI with PANCETTA, WATERCRESS, BROWN BUTTER
- 7 ea. pear and mascarpone stuffed sacchetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of blended olive oil
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1-ounce cooked pancetta bacon, small diced
- 1-ounce cooked red beet, small diced
- 1-ounce dry white wine
- small handful of watercress, large stems removed
- 1 teaspoon whole unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon brown butter
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- flake sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
YIELDS: 1 Serving
In a small pot of boiling & salted water, cook pasta approximately 7 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet over low heat sweat the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until golden brown. Turn heat up to medium high. Add the cooked pancetta and cooked beets to the pan. Cook for 1 minute then add the white wine. Add warm sacchetti to the pan and reduce wine by half, add whole butter, grated parmesan, watercress and salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss together in pan. At the same time stirring with a spoon to make sure all ingredients are combined and not sticking to pan. Serve in your favorite pasta bowl and drizzle brown butter over the top.
We just welcomed our brand new Executive Chef and Director of Culinary to The Queensbury and Spruce Hospitality Team!
CLICK HERE to learn more about Chef Savage and get the latest fall culinary updates!